Tuesday, September 4, 2012

MIA

So my intention with this blog was to post at least a couple of times a week and just talk about what college was like and the stuff I was going through.

So far that's kind of failed. It's not my fault though!

I had every intention of doing just that, but then literally THE day before I moved up here my computer broke, and I just got it back today.

To make up for it, I'm gonna do a kind of catch up post talking about what I've been doing so far.....

To start off: I love college. The freedom is awesome, and the people are even better. I made so many friends like the second day I was here. All of the people that I've met so far have been really cool, and I'm really happy about the people I live near.

My classes so far haven't been that bad. I know they'll get harder and I'll start to hate them as the semester goes on, but for right now I'm happy with them.

Last weekend was my first weekend in college, and of course I partied. I went out with my roomate and a bunch of her friends, and they weren't the greatest parties that I've ever been to (we went to 2). I guess I should explain that my roommate is African American, and so were all of her friends that I went out with. I'm not trying to be racist or anything, but it's really uncomfortable going to parties where you're the only white one there. I mean don't get me wrong, I had fun, but it was definitely a different experience for me. I come from a school where I graduated with one black kid, and there were only like four or five in my entire school.

This weekend was the holiday weekend so a lot of people went home. We also had Monday off of classes.

Since pretty much everybody that I hang out with went home, it was a pretty boring weekend. I wound up going out Friday night with some of the people from the floor below me, but the party that we went to was super lame and I didn't even drink. After that party I came home and changed (I was wearing a super short dress and was super uncomfortable) and went to a party at Pike house (a fraternity on campus) with some other friends. Pike apparently usually has really good parties, but by the time I got there it was slowing down and most people had stopped drinking, so I didn't drink there either.

There was one kid there who was staying with the guy down the hall from me, so I was talking to him while we were at the party. He was super drunk, but it was fun talking to him. I wound up walking back from the party with that guy and the guy he was staying with, and at some point during the walk the kid decided that I told him he could stay in my room (I don't know when that happened, but for some reason he was completely convinced that he would be staying in my room...)

Anyway, we get back to the hall and my room was before theirs, so as soon as I walked to my door he like pushed his way in. He tried to climb up on my loft and wound up hitting his head on the ceiling and pulling it away from the wall about 6 inches. After that I made him go back to his friend's room.

I found out Saturday that my friend that lives across the hall from me got busted with alcohol in his room that night so he won't be drinking any time soon. He also got super sick, so that kind of made him decide to back off too.

Saturday night I went out with my friends Nick, Tyler, and Randi (Randi's a girl) to Shooters (the bar/dance club that all the college kids go to). It was really fun. We danced and just hung out and had a good time. It totally proved that you can have fun without doing anything illegal.

I guess that's about as caught up as I can get...

Sorry this post is super long and boring with no pictures or anything, but next time it'll be better... and shorter....

4 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog and I really love it! I'm a senior in highschool and kind of freaking out about the whole college thing. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was freaking out really bad about college my senior year too. All I can say is do as many college visits as you can! You may think that you are set on what college you want to go to, but you don't know until you've seen it. My biggest fear going into this year was making friends, but that's definitely not something you have to worry about. It's been so easy to make friends and I absolutely love it!

      Good luck on the rest of your senior year and have fun next year!

      Delete
  2. That's funny because at NSU in Oklahoma(where I'm a freshman) the PIKE's are avoided at all costs. They have a bad rep for roofies :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the beginning of the year I heard a lot of rumors about roofies too. They still go around a lot, but I'm friends with a lot of the Pikes, and they're really nice. They get really upset whenever you mention anything about roofies to them because the rumors started a long time ago because of one incident, and the guy who did it got kicked out.

    ReplyDelete