So When I started this blog, I really wanted to update it at least every week. Apparently I'm really bad at that.
I'm going to try really hard to keep it updated now though.
So let's see. In the past few weeks since I last updated you guys there really hasn't been that much that has happened.
I've gone out a couple of times to parties and I went home for my high school's homecoming.
I know that's probably pretty lame that I'm not explaining what I've been doing (that's the point of a blog right?) but honestly it's really hard to keep track of what happened what weekend and I probably wouldn't remember most of the stories anyway.
One thing I am going to talk about though is my classes. (I know right. Who knew you actually had to go to class in college?!)
Anyway. My classes right now aren't quite going the way I would like them to. Right now I'm taking Math, Biology, and Chemistry. My math class is going okay except for the fact that my professor is like 90 years old and about to keel over and die. Other than that though, math is going good. I had my first "exam" and got a 724% which probably doesn't sound the greatest, but grades in college are different so I'm okay with it.
On the other hand, my Biology and Chemistry classes aren't going that great. For my biology, I'm just really lazy and hate biology, so I've kind of been putting off doing all of the work that the teacher assigns. It doesn't really matter that I'm not doing it because she doesn't collect or grade any of it, but it's hurting my grade and I really need to start doing the work.
So quick story. In high school, I took an Introduction to Chemistry course, but never took actual chemistry. Even though I didn't take a high school chemistry class, I got a really good score on the science portion of the ACT, so I got placed into my Chemistry class here based on that.
Well anyway, I haven't been doing so hot in my chemistry class. Honestly, I barely even understand what is going on in that class. Well, I had an exam and I didn't really want to study that much. I realize that I probably should have studied because I was having trouble, but I never studied in high school and I didn't really know where to start. I tried studying a couple of times, but I wound up not studying at all until the day of the test. (the test was at 6, so I had pretty much all day to study)
Because I was having trouble, I was hoping to at least pass. I figured I wouldn't do much better than that. When I saw that I go a 72% I was so excited.
But yeah. Moral of the story is: STUDY!
I would've failed horribly if I hadn't studied for that chemistry exam. College is a lot tougher than high school, and it's almost impossible to pass your classes if you don't spend some time studying.
I promise my next post will be more interesting. After all, today is Friday which means the parties start tonight. ;D
I'm really sorry but this blog is not very insightful
ReplyDelete