Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bail Out

My friend Kelsey and I have been planning on being roommates since we both found out we're going to Ferris. We had everything planned. We were going to build our lofts and paint them neon green and blue. We'd figured out who was bringing what, and were all set to move in next Friday. Then yesterday she found out that she didn't get as much financial aid as she thought she was going to. That meant that she either had to take out a loan or not go to Ferris.

She decided that she didn't want the burden of a loan, so now she's going to live at home and go to a community college. I understand why she made the choice that she did, and I'm not mad at her for it, but it kind of sucks for me. For one thing, she was bringing a lot of the stuff that we need for our room because she already had a lot of it. She was bringing our fridge, TV, mirror, fan, shower shelves, and had a truck to haul up the wood for our lofts. Now I have to rush around and figure out where I'm going to get all that stuff before Friday. It wouldn't be as bad if it had been a little sooner, but the fact that she found this out literally a week before we were supposed to move in sucks.

On top of not having a lot of stuff, now I also have to worry about who my roommate is going to be. It's getting down to the wire, and I'm pretty sure that most people have been matched up with their roommate for a while now, so the person that I get paired with is just going to be random. I'm kind of hoping that I just won't get a new roommate and I'll get to have the whole room to myself. That would be awesome.

Another thing that really sucks about losing her as my roommate is that she was someone that I trusted. We had already talked about looking out for each other at parties and stuff so now I don't have that either. I'm kind of nervous about not having her there for me, but one
of my guy friends from football is going to Ferris too so we're going to be party buddies.

I'm still really excited to move in on Friday. Right now I'm camping with my grandpa, so as soon as I get back the last minute dorm shopping and packing will start.

I know right now this probably isn't the most interesting stuff to read about, but I haven't even gotten to college yet. I'm sure once I get there it will get a whole lot better =D.

No comments:

Post a Comment